Thursday, July 8, 2010

Wild About Wild Orchid Crafts

When crafters praise the products and service from a certain company over and over again, you tend to take notice.

Once such company is Wild Orchid Crafts. The paper flowers they manufacture are absolutely stunning and they are showing up on numerous card crafter's blogs from all over the world.

Just the other day I placed my very first order. Since I wasn's sure which sizes to get, I chose a variety from 4mm to 25mm all in white (save for one which was sold out of the white, so I got ivory). Why all in white? Well, now I can use my Copics to create ANY COLOUR I wish! Besides five sets of Roses, I also chose some Cherry Blossoms and Cala Lillies. I also couldn't resist trying out a few clear crystals too.


To my amazement, the shipping was cheap, and FAST! It took just over two weeks to arrive all the way from the U.K. to Canada.

Here is my first card using my new treats:


And now there is a new blog set up just to inspire us card makers using their product. To celebrate, they are offerring a HUGE blog candy giveaway! Be sure to visit Wild Orchid Challenge by July 11th for a chance to win this incredible package:


I am also entering this criss-cross card (my first one!) into the Just Magnolia challenge.

Details of the card are as follows:

Magnolia Stamp: Tilda With Rose from Magnolia-Licious popped up on foam dimensionals
Patterned paper: GCD Studios "Tinted Rose Stripe" and K & Company "Smitten Pretties"
Bazzill Blackbird cardstock, Red cardstock
Roses: Wild Orchid Crafts
Thinking of You stamp: Danelle Johnson
Memento Tuxedo Black ink for edges and stamps
Versa Magic Cloud White ink for edges
Martha Stewart punch and zig zag punch
Sheer ribbon from stash

Copics:
Skin: E0000, E000, E00
Hair: E21, E25, E27, E29
Dress and Socks: R000, R20, R21, R22, C3
Rose: E50, G20, G82, G85



17 people wrote stuff:

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Beautiful card, love those flower accents. Thanks so much for criss crossing it with us this week at Just Magnolia! :)

Jill/Twipply Skwood said...

Very pretty card and the flowers too!

Autumn said...

This is adorable! Love how you've colored her! Great job with the flowers too! b TFS!

Bengelmama said...

very very nice. Beautiful.

Nadine

Magical Land said...

Such a pretty card, and love your flowers. I am waiting for my order from Wild Orchid Crafts, hopefully they will come soon. Can't wait to play with the goodies!!!

Hugs,
Noreen

Lisette Morris said...

Beautiful! The flowers finish off such a lovely card! I love Wild Orchids too!

Cami said...

Beautiful criss-cross card, Maureen! Love the border and those Wild Orchid Crafts are gorgeous! Hugs, Cami

Linda said...

Just beautiful!
I have also just received my first order from Wild Orchid Crafts :)

Leonie said...

Your card is just gorgeous and I love the flower cluster you have created with your purchase from WOC. i love them they are fantastic!!
Hugs Leonie

syllie said...

Just amazing!! And the flowers from WO are so nice.
Hugs,
Sylvia

Shelly said...

Hi Maureen! I'm so glad you popped by my blog, it's lovely to 'meet' new people! I am also a fan of Wild Orchid Crafts and got my first order through a few weeks ago too! The flowers are stunning! I love your Criss Cross card, you've made great use of your new goodies! Hugs Shelly ;)

Dena said...

Beautiful card and I LOVE the flowers! Great job!
Hugs,Dena

Pam said...

Maureen,
A lovely and elegant card! Aren't the flowers from WOC just fantastic!
You have a stunner here!
Hugs to you,
Pam

Regina said...

Maureen!! It´s so beautiful and the flowers are absolutely stunning!
Hugs
Regina

Kathy Gerace said...

IMHO the flowers absolutely make the card. Your card is just so pretty. Great job coloring!
Kathy Gerace

cabio's craft corner said...

Beautiful card Maureen. Good luck to the challenge! Also thanks for the flowers info :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

Peta said...

Very elegant

My Magnolia Cards