Sunday, December 30, 2007

New Toys

It doesn't matter that I am 47... like a little kid I still love to play with the new treasures that Santa brought me.

Here is the toy I happily discovered this Christmas morning: a the Wacom Bamboo graphics tablet. I've read that if you're going to get a tablet and you're not really a professional graphic artist, Wacom is the way to go. But they are hard to get, at least up here in Canada, so I really doubted I would be lucky enough to get this puppy:

Wacom Bamboo

The best part about being off work for two weeks (yay!) is that I get some time between meals, dishes, laundry, house cleaning, and taking care of the sick and infirm (actually all are on the mend now, thank goodness), to draw and digitally paint.

Here is my first attempt using the tablet. Of course I had to choose the furriest creature in the house (what the heck was I thinking?):

Tawnee Painting

Now that the laundry is done and I have another week off work, you know what I'm going to be doing for the next few days -- continuing to learn the features of the tablet and software and paint, paint, paint.

At least I don't have to worry about cleaning up after THIS.

0 people wrote stuff:

My Magnolia Cards