Monday, July 17, 2006

2Peas Challenge

Melissa posted the question:

What is your favorite ride @ Disney (or at another amusement park)? - this is a fun one to bring out your inner kid.

Well, usually I am NOT a fan of rides at parks or carnivals; unfortunately motion sickness has hounded me since I was small, so I steer clear of anything that will make me queasy. However, we had a wonderful opportunity to visit Disneyland last August, and I HAD to go on the Indiana Jones ride. It was fantastic; we even took the ride twice - the animatronics are wonderful, it was scarey and thrilling, but not too rocky and was easy on my stomach. Unfortunately, my neck took a beating (or so I found out about 3 days later when it stiffened up). It took me months to heal my neck, so my daughter recently asked me that if / when we go back, would I ride Indiana Jones again? My answer: of course!

I also loved the Pirates of the Caribbean ride; so glad we could have taken it before the renovations; we got to experience it the way Walt made it. But now, I am so excited to take it again; I mean, what could be better than Johnny Depp and Disneyland??? For a sneak peek at the revamped ride, take a look at my other blog, Stale Coffee for a video of Johnny Depp on the new Pirates of the Caribbean ride in Disneyland!

It was magical to finally get to Disneyland (it only took me 45 years of waiting!). I really hope we can go back very soon... If you want to see my scrapbook layouts of our trip to Disneyland, check my 2Peas album here.

2 people wrote stuff:

Sofia said...

I'm with you. I like the slower rides with a lot of visual stimulation. Love the Pirates ride... although the last time I was at Disney was in 1993 when I was 13.

Melissa said...

I love both The Indiana Jones ride and Pirates of the Caribbean too! We loved it before the new add ins and I am sure I will love the new stuff too ;) thanks for doing the challenge

My Magnolia Cards