Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Ribbon Wrapped Valentine



Just in time! I was doodling at my desk the other day (shhh! don't tell my boss that...) and came up with this ribbon-wrapped heart. Well, I DO work in Cardiac Sciences..... ahem.

With Valentine's Day coming up fast, I thought this should be my next digi stamp.

When daughter saw it coloured in, she commented that it almost looked like a tattoo! Yeah, I guess I can see that... my first card is on the "grungy" side.

Then I wondered how some Magnolia stamps would look with it too:



Hey! Not bad!

If you need a heart for YOUR Valentine cards, you can pick up this stamp over at DigiDrawn for only $ 2.50.

Other particulars about my first card can be found at DigiDrawn here.

Details on the second card:

Paper from my stash. I think the red is Basic Grey. The Wild Orchid roses are tinted with Copic Y28 and the Colorless Blender. A Martha Stewart leaf punch was used for the black leaves.

Copic colours used:

Tilda: E0000, E00, Y11, E97, C1, C3, G00, G03

Edwin: E0000, E00, E97, E99, C1, C3, B93, B95, B97

Heart: R20, R22, R27

Ribbon: Y00, Y21, Y28

Happy Heart Day!

18 people wrote stuff:

Myrna said...

LOVE IT Maureen! I love anything to do with hearts since my son has had three heart surgeries! Keep up your excellent work! Myrna

Chris said...

You clever girl! It's great Maureen and so different! I love it!

XO
Chris Christensen

Christina C. said...

This is fabulous.....love your cards!
Something different from the norm and totally gorgeous!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh what I wouldn't give to be so creative and talented....I love your work Maureen...TFS
hugs

Anonymous said...

Maureen, I wish I could watch you doodle! ;) This is beautiful! Love how you incorporated the mini magnolias with your sweet heart! Your coloring is wonderful!
hugs, Angela

Maribel said...

I love the way you use Tilda and Edwin with the hearts. Beautiful and so creative.

Card Crazy said...

Darling image. Very creative uses.
Sue S.

Catherine Atkinson said...

Both cards are awesome! Great job!

Rene said...

That is SO cool!
Rene :D

Peggie said...

Beautiful heart. Love Tilda and Edwin sitting there.

Cassy said...

You have an amazing talent! What a cool heart - alone, or with Tilda/Edwin!
:o)
Cassy

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Maureen!
These are both lovely cards but I particularly love the one with the mini Tilda and Edwin. What great idea for Valentines Day.
Hugs Maz

Pam said...

Mini Maggies with the awesome heart....supper cute.
Hugs from Indiana,
Pam:)

Leslie Anne Avila said...

Maureen,
You are super creative!!! I love the heart and both of your cards are just lovely!!!
Blessings,
Leslie

Candy said...

Love your wrapped heart, Maureen.
Both cards are great!!!
Hugs, Candy

Lori Aragon said...

These minis are so adorable with your awesome heart ♥

Keep up the great work :)

Iulia said...

Lovely idea with the mini maggies and that sweet heart! Love how you constructed the card! Very beautiful!
Hugs, Iulia

cabio's craft corner said...

These are beautiful cards Maureen and that "Doodle" sure looks sweet :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

My Magnolia Cards