Thursday, February 3, 2011

Tilda's Dolly

The other day when I was making my recent Magnolia cards, I had a crazy thought. (I will admit I DO have those way too often....)

* Ahem. *

Anyhooze.... I thought, I wonder if those new Mini Maggies are small enough to be a doll for a regular size Tilda?

And you know what?

They are!

What do you think?

I think the Easter Bunny has left dear Tilda a new toy!

I cut off the rose, cut around her arm and also cut around the arm of the adorable Mini Little Bunny Tilda to wrap them around each other.



I added Bazzill cardstock to the patterned paper and inked each piece with ColorBox white ink. One layer is sewed with a zig zag stitch on my regular sewing machine. Recollections pearls were added to the scalloped circles cut with my Spellbinder dies on my Cuttlebug.

Wild Orchid cherry blossoms were used on the bottom, along with some Martha Stewart punched oak leaves. The lace was from our local Dollar Store and the bow was made using my Bow Easy (I LOVE that tool!). I also finished it off with Diamond Stickles to Tilda's wing.


Here are the Copics used:

Tilda with Rose:  E0000, E00, E01, E30, E31, E33, E34, G20, G21, G24, G28, C3

Mini Bunny Tilda:  E0000, E00, R81, R83, R85

45 people wrote stuff:

paola said...

wow!!! you clever girl, this is such a fab idea!! you go girlfriend, your idea rocks! Great coloring and ensemble,
smiles
Paola

Caroline said...

Oooooh WOW arent you soooooo clever!!! This idea is FAB!! x x x

Myrna said...

LOVE the idea and it is ADORABLE!!! I just love this group and all your fantastic ideas!!!! Awesome coloring to Maureen! Myrna

Kelly said...

very creative and absoloutly adorable card.

Sharon Caudle said...

You are a genius!! Love this Maureen!!!!! Your card is beautiful!
hugs, Sharon

Rene said...

Oh Maureen!!!! Just brilliant! How sweet are they?!?
Rene :D

charlene said...

How cute and what a great idea ! Beautiful card

Janiel/ janny said...

very very clever!! And VERY VERY CUTE!!! Beautiful card dear!!
hugs, Janiel

Card Crazy said...

What a great idea and what a great card! You are much too clever, girl. I love it.
Sue S.

justme1972 said...

awwwwwwwww, super, super CUTE!!!!


justme,
laura

LINDA W. said...

OMGoodness your card is toooo cute
love your idea about useing the mini for her baby
Hugs Linda

Pen to Paper said...

How cute!!!! And you are right, the minis are perfect as dollies. How funny is that!!! I love it!!!


Hugs,


Jackie

Corinne said...

Fabulous idea....looks perfect with Tilda... Your card is so adorable...love the colors.
Hugs~
Corinne

Linda Palmer said...

Wow! What great ideas you have. I love your creation. Beautiful card and so is your coloring.

Judy K. said...

How cool is that Maureen! Now that's what I call thinking outside the box. Your card is adorable!!!
Judy K.

Rosie said...

OMG, that is a GREAT idea!! I'm so gonna have to try it out when I get some minis. Another wonderful, useful idea for the minis. Wasn't really into them, but now I think I need to get at least one. Hugs, Rosemary

Candy said...

Arent' you just the smartest one around!!!
Fantastic idea and your card is just the cutest!!!
Love the paper you used as well as the design. Now you just watch what the rest of the girls do with your fabulous idea!!!
Hugs, Candy

Jean said...

Oh my Maureen, this is so adorable... Who would have thunk to make a mini into a doll for Tilda.. You are just too smart.. you must send this to Diana in case no one has thought of this before... simply adorable.. Keep that brain working... no telling what is next.. great coloring and design work...
Hugs, Jean

Anonymous said...

OMG!! Your idea is brilliant! I love that you think outside of the box! I have to admit that I did kind of laugh seeing Tilda tucked under Tilda's arm! It's a really sweet card!
hugs,
Shell

Paula said...

O-M-G! this is great!!!! you're a genius! I have some minis on the way and now I'm even more excited! Your card AND your idea is awesome!!!!

Suzanne J Dean said...

Ummmm crazy ideas are sometimes the best ideas dontcha' know, LOL! Brilliant and uberly cute--I adore it all!

hugz,
Suzanne

Beth said...

Maureen, you are just soooo clever! How adorable is this? Great job!

Christel Webb said...

What a great idea and how fabulous has the card come out. Well done.

Greetings from hot ’n wet NZ
Christel

Leonie said...

Fantabulous!!!! What an awesome idea and hoe clever are you to think it up!!! Thanks for sharing.
Hugs Leonie

Gina K said...

Wow, I only have one mini (the fairy from last year) and now you are making me want them all! That is the cutest thing ever. What a fab idea!

Only By His Grace said...

Hi Maureen!
You are amazingly talented. This is such a super creative idea. I love it. Too cute.
I love that you used the bunny paper with it too. It must have been so much fun putting it together.
Hugs Maz

Sandy said...

Hey Marueen -- it turns out your crazy thought was a touch of genius!
Every little girl would love to have such a wonderful Easter bunny!
Sandy

Cami said...

Kudos to you, Maureen, for finding more ways to use the mini Tildas! What a genius you are and thank you for sharing this idea. Your card is so adorable!!!
Hugs,
Cami

annieb said...

Well that was certainly thinking out of the box. Great job. So cute.
TFS

Peggie said...

What a super fabulous idea. TFS

Myra W said...

Very clever! And Easter - just what they are looking for in the next Magnolia magazine.

Great way to use all the Maggies big and small. Thanks for sharing

Leslie Anne Avila said...

Ingenious idea! Wow, you can really see the size difference from your card! Fabulous Maureen.
Hugs,
Leslie

Catherine Atkinson said...

That's really cool! I had no idea the minis were that small!

Nancy Jensen said...

What a brilliant idea! your card is too cute!

Cassy said...

Genius! Super cute card!
:o)
Cassy

Chris said...

How clever! Absolutely adorable card.

Linda Imler said...

What a great idea!!!!!

Linda I aka Craftin Kay

Cheryl said...

You are so dang clever! If this is a crazy idea, I wish I'd have one or two!
cheryl

Iulia said...

Great idea! That sweet mini is perfect for a Tilda doll. Great coloring and beautiful card all in all!
Hugs, Iulia

Anne said...

Oh how adorable! Very creative!

Diana Crick said...

Aren't you clever Maureen...this is adorable!!!Love it to bits!
hugs, Diana

cabio's craft corner said...

How nice seeing you are posting more cards Maureen. That is a cute colored image and that DP you picked is so cute!! Love the elegant touch of the pearls and the sweet layout :o)
Hugs,
Cabio

KayBeScraps said...

wow.. great idea.. wonderful card..
Hugs, Katrin

Pam said...

Cute and clever idea. Lovely coloring too! TFS
Hugs from Indiana,
Pam:)

Anonymous said...

Oh what a great idea Maureen! That is just so cute!!! You are too clever! :) hugs, Angela

My Magnolia Cards