Friday, August 11, 2006

Five (yes, 5!) New Layouts

Wow! Yesterday daughter and I spent nearly the whole day at our local scrapbook shop and we had a great time and got a lot done. I completed five layouts!

This first one is about my making applesauce (see post below). The card on the right folds up or down, so you can see all the photos, or the transparancy behind (an image of all the apples beforehand). The journaling includes two small photos popped up with foam pop dots of the wasps that were trying to get in the kitchen while I was cooking up the sweet apples. Paper is Basic Grey.

The second layout I did was of some "Mouse Cookies" daughter and I made last year to sell at her school's bake sale. We made dozens of these; they comprise of Oreos topped with chocolate-dipped marachino cherries (with the stem left on for the tail), a Hershey's Kiss for the head, two candy hearts for ears, and some icing piped on for eyes and nose. They really were too cute to eat!

The third layout was of Dakotah's mug shot, caught red-handed (or pawed), in my dresser drawer. The paisley paper was a bit overwhelming as a solid background, so I cut it out and used it as a background frame. I also punched holes in the side and bottom (a bit hard to see here), used vellum for the journalling and embellished it with ribbon and a paisley heart charm.

"Laundro-cat" (a play on the word laundro-mat) depicts Dakotah again in a playful mood. Whenever I do laundry, she jumps up on the bed while I'm sorting it and digs herself into the warm towels. A simple layout, but I like the way the colors came together.

The last one I got done yesterday was "Profile of a Cat". I had two cute profile shots of both our cats, Sheba and Dakotah, so I typed up some words that described them. I chalked and then sprayed a fixative on the words, cut them into strips and then adhered them onto the page. I also cut out one of the flowers from the background and popped it out using foam tape. Title is done on a transparancy held on with eyelets.

I don't think I have ever done so many layouts in one sitting... daughter got five pages done as well, and we were beat after our marathon cropping session!

2 people wrote stuff:

Sofia said...

Wow wow wow! I love all your layouts! Those mouse cookies are too cute and of course I adore the kitty cat ones.

I don't think I've ever made 5 layouts in a day. Oh well, I embrace my slow pokeyness!

Bonita Rose said...

all of these are so beautiful... love your work!!! love it!

My Magnolia Cards