Monday, August 21, 2006

My Little Starbucks Book

After watching Ana on Fiskar's.com do a demonstration on how to make a mini scrapbook out of a Starbucks sleeve, I wanted to try this myself. Daughter and I love our local Starbucks, so I filled my book with photos from our many visits.
I made 6 pages in all, using Basic Grey paper (glued back to back and on the inside of the covers, front and back). Brown Bobbin ribbon holds the pages in place, three lengths holding each set of pages. The Starbucks logo "charm" hanging from the binding ribbon on the front is actually a photo I printed on Shrinky-Dink paper, cut out, punched a hole in it and I then shrunk it using my new embossing heat gun. I also set the colors on the piece with some Krylon spray.I also made a Shrinky-Dink of one of our favorite summer drinks, the Tangerine Juice Blend Frappachino and glued it to the front cover.
A few fibers, clips and a self-adhesive tab at the top finished it off! Now I can carry my mini-book whereever I want!

2 people wrote stuff:

justem said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog! That book is so cool!

Sofia said...

Awesome book! :-)

My Magnolia Cards